I am driven to learn more everyday. I love to build, make, plan and organize. I specialize in working with a team to turn an idea into a reality. I achieve this by using my own skills as well as optimizing the skills of others. I have a strong work ethic and I take great satisfaction in being productive with a desire to continually improve and expand my knowledge.
Engineering Project Manager at Fellow
April 2015 - Present (2 years 2 months)
Responsible for the development, manufacturing, production and shipping of all 25 Fellow products.
- Project Management: set milestones, manage timelines, coordinate cross-functional team communication, mitigate unforeseen issues, ship finished product!
- Ideation: work with the CEO, ID contractors and marketing to come up with the next products for Fellow’s product portfolio
- Design cycle: develop empathy-based/human-centered designs through prototyping, gathering user feedback, and iterating
- Prototyping: component and integration testing using everything from cardboard and tape, to making 3D prints by SLA, SLS, CNC plastic, PLA and sintered metal, to Arduino + breadboard and firmware prototyping
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM): work with preliminary 3D CAD from ID and the manufacturer to get a 3D model that can actually be manufactured at a mass scale. Injection molded plastics, deep drawn stainless steel, blown glass, surface finishes (paint, PVD), cast ceramics, PCB manufacturing
- Manufacturing overseas: coordinate factory tooling to production process, test and evaluate off tool samples from the factory, QC process development, onsite visits, ramp up to mass production.
- Safety + Vendor Compliance: understand what needs to be tested, get it tested, troubleshoot and fix when it goes wrong. ETL, FCC, IC, SGS, FDA, Bureau Veritas
- Quality Control: Create QC docs, coordinate 3rd Party QC inspections pre shipment, enforce QC througout the logistic supply chain
- Production Logistics and Operations: Coordinate from factory to warehouse, air-freight and ocean freight, sales and inventory management and last mile shipping, 3PL central, ShipStation, WooCommerce
Engineering Project Manager at Leeo
December 2013 - Present (1 year 2 months)
I oversaw our first hardware product from prototyping to mass production. I ensured the on-time delivery of our first smarthome consumer product.
- Analyzed the critical path, set milestones, and managed the project schedule from prototyping via EVT, DVT, PVT to mass production.
- Coordinated communication between internal engineering teams and external stakeholders, the OEM in Taiwan, factories in China, contract designers, and component vendors.
- Travelled to Taiwan and China 6 times to make sure our product was being made to the correct spec, features, timeline, and quality control.
- Maintained the PRD (product requirements document) and QC (quality control) document to communicate our product on the manufacturing side.
- Researched safety compliance requirements, instructed design of our product so it would comply with NRTL reqs (UL and ETL) and FCC. I worked with UL and Intertek in the US and Taiwan to get our product certified and ready to sell in the US and Canada market on time for the product launch.
- Developed testing procedures for software automation plans and acted as QA specialist for the App, device software and web backend.
- Software PM for the website, organized sprints, prioritized tasks between different projects and with product teams and other SW PMs.
Prototyping Engineer & Engineering Project Lead at RoboteX
January 2012 - December 2013 (2 years)
- Built robot prototypes. Worked with the principal mechanical design engineer, electrical/firmware engineers, and device software engineers to coordinate getting custom mechanical parts and circuit boards made, and built the prototypes.
- Prepared the robotic design to go from R&D to production with documentation, a BOM (bill of materials), assembly documentation SOPs (standard operation procedures), and sourcing information.
- Coordinated work of 2 other robot engineers in the build and testing plan.
- Planned and conducted engineering testing and research on robot design. Took design, made prototype parts, then built and tested robotic prototypes. Did initial QA and QC of design and bug finding. Made a plan, priority and schedule of building as well as bug fixing.
- Managed the R&D BOM, reviewed engineering drawings, and completed ECOs (engineering change orders) requested from production. Managed prototyping schedule of four new products.
- Logistic sourcing EE and ME components and parts from 3rd party vendors for prototyping and production.
Business Consultant & Graphic Designer at Teacher's Professional Resource LLC
February 2011 - January 2012 (1 year)
- Creative and original design, illustration, packaging design, work on Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for products and web design
- Designed and illustrated playing cards for a math game , packaging, marketing materials, several drafts of children’s books, and a website.
- Project manager of three different projects running at the same time, process review, project planning, and budgets.
- Designed and developed a website: experiments.coffee
- Built a bicycle: howtobuilda.bike
- Musician and amateur luthier of cigarbox ukuleles
- Random Arduino projects and RaspberryPi adventures
- Artist Blacksmithing
Colorado State University
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Biomedical Sciences, 2006 - 2011
- Human Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Eukaryotic Cell Biology, Calculus, Physics, Organic Chemistry, Materials Science Engineering, Pathophysiology, Figure Drawing
Front Range Community College
Certificate of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), 2010 - 2010
Skills & Expertise
- Engineering Project Management
- Hardware Product Development
- Design for Manufacturing & Manufacturing in China
- Cross-functional team coordination
- Hardware prototyping & testing
- Software QA Specialist
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator